January: Tis' The Season To Try Being A Yogi.

It's January... People are all about trying new things to get their fitness and health "on." And good for them! I love the start of the new year because it makes it easier to vision possibilities.

Last year I started my 101-Day Bikram Yoga Challenge on January 1st. And I was able to keep the momentum going through day 101. Completion felt great. I felt accomplished. The hardest part each day was just getting to the room.

I think a lot of people are starting to realize this too. Because the classes at Bikram Yoga Bloor have been packed lately. Especially the 6pm classes.

We had 60 people in class last night. SIXTY!!!! The studio only holds 60! We had to encourage people to come back for the 8pm. And they did! People are serious about their yoga.

We were all packed mat-to-mat in the yoga room. But with Bikram yoga, you don't need much space... Only the width and length of your mat. So people had plenty of room to do their thing. And the room got really "juicy" because the humidity was so high with all the bodies in there. It was brilliant. And awesome.

So much energy in one place makes for an amazing practice.

I have already preregistered for the 6pm class tonight. The studio where I mostly practice and teach at has online sign-in. And trust me, it is worth it to take the time to reserve your space.

You don't want to get bust your bum getting to the studio in the middle of a snowstorm to find out it is already sold out. So preregister!

Comments

Rachel Koontz said…
Love this post, and I LOVE crowded classes lately. I seriously canNOT wait for BKTT. :)

Check out my recent post on crowded classes:
http://aliveinthefire.blogspot.com/2011/01/everywhere-yoga.html

And the one on why you should do winter yoga!
http://aliveinthefire.blogspot.com/2011/01/10-reasons-to-do-your-yoga-all-winter.html

We have the same things on our mind lately when it comes to Bikram :)
Habit said…
This is great! Yoga is such a good workout and you feel soo much better afterwards. Way to go!
-Habit

http://habitshop.blogspot.com/

Popular Posts