Learning To Pee In The Tall Grass.

Almost five years later, and I feel a need to repost what this saying means...

"If you want to run with the big dogs, you got to learn to pee in the tall grass."

Back when I was a resident assistant in university, one of the leaders of Residence Life used to say that to us. It sounds funny. It sounds gross. But it is a saying that helps keep things in perspective for me.

It basically means, "If you want to be big, you can't be afraid to think big or act big."

So often people think small, but wish they could achieve big. It's fear that holds them back. You can't be afraid to try.

When I think about how many times I almost settled for small, because I was afraid, I shudder. I certainly wouldn't be where I am today if I gave into fear.

You succeed. You fail. Whatever. What matters is that you tried to pee in the tall grass.

Comments

Popular Posts