Lots Of Toxins In The Solar Plexus.

Since returning from Bikram Yoga Teacher Training, I have been having kick-ass classes. Not just when I am teaching, but also when taking.

My practice sucked hard core at training. But as soon as I got home, it all came back. And it's been lovely. Until tonight...

I had one of the toughest classes ever.

EVER!

Not because the room was hot. I was in the hottest spot in the room, which had 46 people in it and was packed. The temperature was awesome. My balance was awesome. I wasn't dizzy.

My back bends were rocking. Things were good. Except for...

Any forward bends and and the spine series. They all made me feel like I was going to puke.

The moment any pressure was put on my abdomen, I would feel tension move up my stomach and into the space below my ribcage. Then I would feel it in my chest. Then coming up my throat.

It was so bad, I couldn't even lie flat on my stomach. I had to move one leg out to the side, bent, just to get pressure off my stomach.

This is something I like to analyze in my own practice... When you are having problems with certain body parts while practicing, it maybe an imbalance in your chakras.
  • Having lower back pain, trouble trusting people or depression? Maybe it's your Root chakra.
  • Low libido, urinary tract infection or sciatica? You need to do Eagle pose STAT and work into your Sacral chakra.
  • Stomach, gallbladder, liver or power problems? These are stored in your Solar Plexus chakra.
And this is the area I am having trouble in lately. In class tonight... And out of class in my life. And that is one of the things I love best about Bikram yoga: It brings things up to the surface.

You are sweating you balls (figuratively, for me) off, not even thinking much about your your day... Only about how you want to scream at the teacher to get you the hell out of Floor Bow... But you still have everything going on in your life being brought into your practice. It resides in your body and comes out once you start moving you body and moving energy in and out your body.

Bikram yoga is very cleansing. Even though all it may look like to an outsider is that you are dirtying up your towel and mat... And making huge puddles on the floor.

Tonight, my practice reflected that I have a lot going on in my Solar Plexus. And it sucked.

I have a few things to figure out. But I hope this gets worked out of my body soon. Otherwise, practice is going to suck.

Comments

Sorry to hear class was so hard, but this is an awesome post! Love that you mention the chakras. Isn't it weird how one system in your body can be so off, while the rest seem fine?

Hope you're feeling better and more cleansed after class. Keep up all the awesome Bikraming (on the podium and on your mat!)... and keep the blogging coming :)

Happy New Year!
-Rachel @ Alive in the Fire
bikramarian said…
Thankfully I've never experienced this particular problem, but thanks for the mini-lesson on chakras.
SM said…
I love this analysis of hot yoga. While I haven't practiced Bikram (yet), I do Moksha regularly. I completely agree with you about not thinking about your life, but you still bring it into the room with you. You hit the nail on the head. Thank you!

Popular Posts